Monday, March 29, 2010

Book Share Monday

 

Just back from story time at the library and we checked out this cute board book. Bear Wants More by Karma Wilson, illustrated by Jane Chapman.


I hadn't realized until I went to Amazon to get the picture that this was part of a series, I can't wait to read the others. This book is about Bear who has just woken up and is very hungry. He eats but he still wants more. The story really reminded me of my son Xander who isn't the least bit interested in eating until he is STARVING and then if you dare pause while feeding him he screams. If Xander were talking I'm sure he would be screaming "I want MORE!"

The illustrations are adorable, I just love the forest animals, especially mole and badger. Very cutely drawn. Combined with the lyrical text (with a nice use of vocabulary building words) this book is a hit here.

When springtime comes, in his warm winter den a bear wakes up very hungry and thin!  He waddles outside and roots all around. He digs and he paws fresh shoots from the ground.
blog comments powered by Disqus