Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Off to a good start

My plan was to start exposing Xander to new things and activities. I didn't plan on that happening quite so soon but after he finished his lunch today opportunity struck.


I noticed the pile of junk mail sitting next to us waiting to go in the recycling bin and suddenly remembered I had just seen a box of crayons. I searched them out and showed Xander how to scribble on the envelopes and then let him at it. I was sure he was going to try gnawing on the crayon or shredding and eating the envelope but amazingly NOTHING went into his mouth! He never did actually scribble but he banged the crayons onto the envelope then opened it up and put the crayons inside. He just had a blast playing with the crayons! We will definitely be doing this again soon.

(note to self, wipe food off Xander's face before taking photos!)
blog comments powered by Disqus